Dr. James Anderson (Research Scientist Senior, Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering)
Professor Don Boyer (Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering; Retired)
Associate Professor Ronald Calhoun (Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering)
Professor H.J.S. Fernando (Professor, Civil Engineering & Geological Sciences, University of Notre Dame; Emeritus Professor, Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering)Assistant Professor Huei-Ping Huang (Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering)
Professor Julian Hunt (Ira A. Fulton School of Engineering; also at the University College, London)
Professor Alex Mahalov (Mathematics)
Associate Professor Mark Schmeeckle (Geographical Sciences)
Mr. Peter Hyde (Academic Associate, Center for Environmental Fluid Dynamics)
Ms. Jennifer McCulley (Faculty Research Associate, Center for Environmental Fluid Dynamics)
Dr. Mohamed Moustaoui (Associate Research Scientist, Mathematics)
Dr. J. Raphael Pacheco (Asst. Research Prof., Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering; Assoc. Engineer, Flood Control District of Maricopa County)Dr. Hua Xin (Faculty Research Associate, Center for Environmental Fluid Dynamics)
Mr. Winston Carter (Research Engineer, Center for Environmental Fluid Dynamics)
Mr. Leonard Montenegro (Senior Research Professional, Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering, part time appointment in CEFD)
Professor Anthony Brazel (Geographical Sciences)
Assistant Professor Gerardo Chowell-Puente (School of Human Evolution and Social Change)
Associate Professor Amanda Clarke (School of Earth & Space Exploration)
Professor John Crittenden (Civil & Environmental Engineering)
Dr. Reneta Dimitrova (Faculty Research Associate, Civil Engineering & Geological Sciences, University of Notre Dame)
Associate Professor Andrew Ellis (Geographical Sciences)Professor Peter Fox (Civil & Environmental Engineering)
Professor Matt Frazer (School of Sustainability; the official affiliate between CEFD and the School of Sustainability)
Assistant Professor Jay Golden (Civil & Environmental Engineering; School of Sustainability)
Associate Professor Huan Liu (Computer Sciences)
Professor John Lopez (Mathematics)
Professor Iossif Lozovatsky (Research Professor, Civil Engineering & Geological Sciences, University of Notre Dame)
Professor Ram Pendyala (Civil & Environmental Engineering)
Professor George Runger (Center for Health Information Research and Department of Industrial Engineering)Professor Sergey Voropayev (Research Professor, Civil Engineering & Geological Sciences, University of Notre Dame)
Professor Sander Van Der Leeuw (School of Human Evolution and Social Change)Professor Paul Westerhoff (Civil & Environmental Engineering)
Dr. Vincenzo Armenio, Visiting Faculty, Università di Trieste, Italy
Aspirant Guillaume Bizard, Visiting Student Researcher, Ecole Navale, Ministère de la Défense, France
Dr. Silvana DiSabatino, Visiting Faculty, Lecce University, Lecce, Italy
Dr. Pasquale Fedele, Visiting Scientist, ENEA, Italy
Dr. Giovanni Grandoni, Visiting Scientist, ENEA, Italy
Dr. Chang-Yeol Jung, Visiting Assistant Professor
Aspirant Alexis Kabis de St-Chamas, Visiting Student Researcher, Ecole Navale, Ministère de la Défense, France
Dr. Eliezer Kit, Visiting Faculty, Tel-Aviv University, Israel
Dr. Cristina Mammarella, Visiting Scientist, ENEA, Italy
Dr. Nicholas Ovenden, Visiting Faculty, University College, London, U.K.
Mr. Jesus Planella Morato, Visiting Scientist, Departament de Física, Universitat de Girona, Spain
Dr. Javier Sanchez Martin, Visiting Faculty, Departament de Física, Universitat de Girona, Spain
Dr. Rai Rajani Vinodkumar, Visiting Scientist, Kaiserslautern University, GermanyDr. Soon-Chang Yoon, Seoul National University
Noel Baker (PhD)
Jeffrey Brown (PhD)
Aditya Choukulkar (PhD)
Adam Christman (PhD)Anna Haywood (PhD)
Raghavendra Krishnamurthy (PhD)Scott Norby-Cedillo (PhD)
Stephen Shaffer (PhD)
Ashish Sharma (PhD)
Justin Hoffman, MAE
- MS, 2008: "Numerical Modeling of Time Dependent Flows in the Upper Plenum of a Nuclear Reactor"
- PhD student at University of Michigan
Michael Arzabe -- MS, 2000: "Evaluation of Deep Zone Flow Fields in Constructed Wetlands Using a Physical Model"B. Ayotte -- MS, 1993: "Convection From Isolated Sources in the Presence of Background Turbulence"
- MS, 2005: "Ripple Dynamics and Mine Evolution in Coastal Zone: Laboratory Experiments and Model Evaluations"
- PhD, 2008: "Dynamics of Sand Ripples in Heterogeneous Sediment Beds"
- Post-doctoral Research Associate, Neutron Science and Technology Group, Los Alamos National Laboratory
David Boswell -- MS, 2006: "Gradient Richardson Number Measurements in the Nocturnal Boundary Layer: Effects of Spatial Resolution"
Brian Chan -- MS, 2001: "Modeling of Anabatic Flows in Complex Terrain"
- MS, 1990: "Formation and Evolution of Thermohaline Staircases"
- PhD, 1994: "Turbulent Plumes in the Environment"
- MS, 2008: "Analysis of Dispersion of Smoke Puffs in the Atmosphere Using LIDAR"
- PhD student, ASU
G. Cole -- MS, 1995: "Turbulent Thermal Convection in Stratified Fluids"
David Corder -- MS, 1997: "Evolution of a Turbulent Patch in a Stratified Shear Flow"
John Cuprek -- MS, 1995: "Studies on Preconditioning Phase of Oceanic Deep Convection"
I.P.D. De Silva -- PhD, 1991: "Studies on Turbulent Mixing in Stratified Turbulent Patches"
- MS, 2005: "Gravity Currents in Urban Environments"
- Engineer, Honeywell
S. Fonseka -- PhD, 1995: "Turbulent Jets and Jet Puffs in Stratified Fluids"
Amit Gupta -- MS, 2005: "Flow Through a Building Cluster: A Numerical Study"
- PhD, 2009, Geography: "Micro-Scale Evaluation of the Urban Heat Island in Phoenix, Arizona"
- Faculty, Department of History, Geography,and Political Science, BYU Idaho.
- MS, 2008: "Velocity Field Retrievals using Optimal Interpolation of Lidar Data"
- Consultant/Permit Engineer, Applied Environmental Consultants, Inc.
Rajka Krstic -- PhD, 1995: "The Nature of Rough Wall Steady and Oscillatory Boundary Layers"
Dawn Lervick -- MS, 1998: "The Influence of Molecular Diffusion on the Final Decay of Stratified Turbulence"
Michael Levy -- MS, 1998: "Convection in Rotating Stratified Fluids"
Quiang Lin -- PhD, 1993: "Stratified Flow Past Obstacles"
Paul Luccio -- MS, 1997: "The Motion of Cobbles in the Swash Zone"
Michael McNamee -- MS, 2001: "An Experimental Study of Axi-Symmetric Turbulent Puffs: Their Motion, Dilution and Sedimentation"
Richard Morrisson -- MS, 2006: "Studies of Wake Signatures in Shallow Fluid Layers: Laboratory Experiments and Phenomenological Modeling"
- MS, 2009
- PhD student, Department of Civil Engineering and Geological Sciences, University of Notre Dame
- PhD, 2001: "Atmospheric Boundary Layer Dynamics in Regions of Complex Terrain"
- Associate Professor of Mechanical Engineering, University of Utah
Niyati Parikh -- MS, 2006, Computer Science: "Sensor Networks: Decentralized Monitoring and Subspace Classification of Events"
Kasun Perera -- MS, 2010
Miran Perera -- MS, 1991: "Mixing Induced by Oscillatory Stratified Flow Past a Right Circular Cylinder"Marko Princevac
- PhD, 2003: "Dynamics of Thermal Circulation in Complex Terrain"
- Assistant Professor of Mechanical Engineering, University of California, Riverside
P.A. Priyadarshana -- MS, 1997: "Effects of Mechanical Stirring on Turbulent Convection with Applications to Deep Ocean Convection"
- PhD, 2010
- Postdoctoral research associate, Department of Civil Engineering and Geological Sciences, University of Notre Dame
Sean Riley -- MS, 2003: "Decay of Convective Turbulence in the Presence of an Inversion Layer"
Jason Rooney -- MS, 1997: "Cobble Motion Under Wave-Induced Oscillatory Flow"
John Rotter -- MS, 2000: "The Evolution of Kelvin-Helmholtz Billows in Non-Stratified and Stratified Shear Flows"
- MS, 2008: "Measurements of Eddy Dissipation Rate in the Atmosphere: Flow-Following Hot Film Anemometry"
- Test Engineer, Yuma Proving Ground
- MS, 2009: "Numerical Modeling of Flow in the Condensate Polisher Vessel of a Nuclear Reactor"
- PhD student, ASU
Sergey Smirnov -- PhD, 2002: "Jets and Wakes in Stratified Fluids"
Andjelka Sridic -- PhD, 1998: "Dispersion in Stratified and Turbulent Flows"
Philip Stephenson -- MS, 1989: "Mixing in Stratified Shear Flows"
Eric Strang -- PhD, 1997: "Entrainment and Mixing in Stratified Shear Flows"
David Striver -- MS, 1995: "Measurement of Drag and Lift on Bodies Moving Through Stratified Fluids"
- PhD, 2003: "Experimental and THeoretical Modeling of Sand-Water-Object Interaction Under Non-Linear Progressive Waves"
- Assistant Professor of Civil Engineering, Clemson University
Brett Verhoef -- MS, 2006: "Evening Transition in Complex Terrain: The Phoenix Transition Flow Experiment (TRANSFLEX)"
Alex Wu -- MS, 1995: "Theoretical Analyses of Some Low and High Reynolds Number Flows"
Y. Xu -- PhD, 1994: "Cylinder Wakes in Linearly Stratified Flows"
- PhD, 2006: "Flow and Turbulence in Roughness Canopies"
- Los Alamos National Laboratory
Zhihe Zhao -- PhD, 2006: "Numerical Simulation of Scour Around Fixed and Sagging Pipelines Using a Two Phase Model"